[torqueusers] Allowing root jobs and pbs_sched address resolution error message

Martin MOKREJŠ mmokrejs at ribosome.natur.cuni.cz
Tue Jun 3 00:28:31 MDT 2008

Hi,
 I would like to allow root to submit jobs as well.
I follow the docs at http://www.clusterresources.com/torquedocs21/10.1troubleshooting.shtml#root
and tried this command:

# qmgr -c 's s acl_roots+=root@*'
qmgr obj= svr=default: Unauthorized Request
#

What does that mean? Would somebody please improve the error
message and the docs?

  On a related note, I see pbs_sched failing to find an address
in /etc/hosts to obtain FQDN of a server and it goes to ask DNS
server and because the DNS server does not know anything about
it pbs_sched dies with again an unclear message:

pbs_sched: Cannot assign requested address (99) in main, bind

  Could it print that it could have not get resolved an IP
address xx.xx.xx.xx instead?

 I use current snapshot of pre-2.3.1 tree. Thanks!
Martin