[torqueusers] how can i change mom_log directory

Glen Beane glen.beane at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 12:01:52 MDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 1:57 PM, Yanan Sun <nancyprc at gmail.com> wrote:

> so i have to install torque on each nodes, right?
> what do you mean by remotely mount a directory with the excutables?
> and how can i do it?

You need to create the local directory structure on each node. You don't
need to install the executables.  If you don't know how to share the torque
executables over NFS then you probably need to get some basic Linux syadmin
help. That is outside the topic of this mailing list.

> i try to specifiy the pbs_mom path, but it still give me the same message.
>
> [root at node001 ~]# pbs_mom -L /raida/PBS/node001/
> pbs_mom: Unable to open logfile

-L takes a file name,  not a directory.  You will need to look at the
$log_file_max_size and $log_file_roll_depth so you can do log rolling if you
specify a log file (since the same log file will always be used).