[torqueusers] how can i change mom_log directory

Glen Beane glen.beane at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 11:38:27 MDT 2008

I have a local /var/spool/torque directory on each node and remotely mount a
directory with the executables. I assume this is how almost everyone else
does it.

If you really want your logs all in one place then on each computer you
could symlink /var/spool/torque/mom_logs to /raida/PBS/hostname/mom_logs
where hostname is the name of the host you are creating the symlink on.  so
you are setting up node10 you would ssh to node10 and symlink
/var/spool/torque/mom_logs to /raida/PBS/node10/mom_logs

you can also specify the path to a log file for pbs_mom on the command line,
so if you want your logs written to your NFS mounted directory you could
specify a path for the log file.  Note that if you do this you will not get
a new log file every day, you'll have one log file that keeps getting bigger
and bigger so you will want to setup log rolling (pbs_mom can do the log
rolling if you set some parameters in the config file)

I still think this is all a bad idea. I would have local directories for the
mom logs though, I would not write the logs to NFS