[torqueusers] problem with pbs_mom, does not go to background

andrzeje andrzeje at cs.utk.edu
Fri Jul 25 12:28:18 MDT 2008

Hi all,

I've tried to figure out this problem myself, also googled around, but no success. When I
ran pbs_mom it doesn't return the prompt. The only way to get it working is to append & at
the end. However, in my /etc/init.d/pbs_mom script I had to modify the following line:

        #daemon ${PREFIX}/pbs_mom
to:
        ${PREFIX}/pbs_mom &

Now it goes to background, but when I use a tool such as dsh, I have to strike ctrl+c as
many times as the number of compute nodes.

Is there a solution to that, so I could use the init scripts that came with the tarball?

My OS is Linux 2.6.18-53.el5 Centos 5.1.

Thanks and regards,

Daniel
--
Daniel Andrzejewski
student IT Administrator

"Investment in knowledge always pays the best interest"
Benjamin Franklin