[torqueusers] Torque HA on Lustre

Frank Mietke frank.mietke at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Thu Jul 24 00:58:04 MDT 2008

Hi Mike,

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 09:46:39AM -0600, Michael Robbert wrote:
> Is anybody on the list doing Torque High Availability using Lustre as their
> shared file system for server_priv? We are trying to do this, but can
> Lustre keeps falling over on us. I know very little about Lustre, but our
> vendors are having trouble debugging this and have recently speculated that
> there may be a locking issue. We are currently testing with server_priv on

I tried fully installing to and running torque from lustre. But stopped due to
lack of flock support. Now I have server_priv installed locally and the rest in
a lustre filesystem. Maybe you're able to disable the flock support in torque. I
have not tried this.

In chapter 16 of Lustre manual you can find the following:

Note ­ Advisory fcntl/flock/lockf locks will be available in Lustre 1.8.

Please, keep me informed if you have success.

Best Regards,
Frank