[torqueusers] pbs_server -t create can't find torque library

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Mon Jul 21 12:13:03 MDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 09:17:44AM -0600, Lloyd Brown alleged:
> - Append or prepend to LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable - Note that since this
> is environment instance specific, I wouldn't recommend it, except for
> testing.  For example to make sure that's going to fix your problem (and
> assuming you're using Bash shell), you could do this:
>
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> ldd /path/to/wherever/you/installed/pbs_server

Oh no!  Not the LD_LIBRARY_PATH advice.  LD_LIBRARY_PATH is eeevviilll.

http://xahlee.org/UnixResource_dir/_/ldpath.html

> - Add the path (/usr/local/lib) either to /etc/ld.so.conf file, or to a
> file in /etc/ld.so.conf.d/, then run "ldconfig" to update the path
> cache, etc.  This is the recommended system-wide way of doing things.

3rd option:  Set LD_RUN_PATH=/usr/local/lib and recompile.  The new binaries
will have /usr/local/lib built in.

University of Southern California