[torqueusers] pbs_mom jobs termination

Daniel Bourque dbourque at weatherdata.com
Mon Jul 21 10:48:33 MDT 2008

Hi,

    What exactly does pbs_mom tries to do when I use qdel ?

I tried to terminate all jobs with qdel, after the command was issue
- pbsnodes didn't show the jobs in the "job = ..." field
- pbsnodes showed the jobs in the "status = ..." field

I ran a momctl -c to clear the job
- pbsnodes showed did NOT show the jobs in the "status = ..." field
- pbsnodes showed the pids of the still running process in "status =
..." field

I can't remember if checknode and momctl -d3 shows the job or not.

I was able to go on the node and simply kill the jobs (  default SIGTERM
) so I'm not quite sure why pbs_mom was unable to kill it

Maybe someone can shed some light on this...

using 2.3.2-snap.200807081528  on 2.6.18-53.el5 SMP  x86_64

thanks

--
Dan