[torqueusers] Torque

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Mon Jul 21 00:34:20 MDT 2008

----- "Seb" <sebast2600 at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Hi,

Hello Seb,

> These last days we had many stroms and power outages, and each time
> that our computers were restarted Torque automatically re-ran the
> jobs.

Sounds like a cluster configuration problem rather than
a Torque problem - my guess is that someone has created
an init script that blindly starts Torque on boot.

That's a bad idea, as you've now found out.

We use a different idea in ours, it checks to see
if a file that only gets created on a clean shutdown
exists and if so then it removes it and then starts
the pbs_mom.

If it doesn't then it just bails out as obviously
the node died badly.

cheers,
Chris