[torqueusers] How to limit jobs on per-user basis

Jon Akers jka at hpc.ufl.edu
Tue Jul 15 11:27:51 MDT 2008

We have a 1600 core system running Torque + Moab, and we are starting to
run into an issue where a single user is submitting an inordinantly
large number of jobs (at last count, the number of jobs from one user is
at 24,234)

While the scheduler is handling this without any real issue, we would
like to be able to limit the number of jobs any single user can submit.
Basically, if user "A" submits 1,000 jobs, their 1,001 job will be
rejected by the scheduler until one of those jobs completes. Meanwhile,
any other user should be able to submit jobs without issue up to that limit.

Any ideas on how we would do this?

Jon Akers
University of Florida HPC Center
jka at hpc.ufl.edu