[torqueusers] Job array throttling

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Thu Jul 10 21:51:43 MDT 2008

----- "Gabe Turner" <gabe at msi.umn.edu> wrote:

> I actually went the route of setting MAXJOB in Moab so that only 10
> jobs from any given user would be running, but having users submit more
> than 10 jobs was deemed unacceptable as it made the output of showq too long
> (according to the policy makers).  I wish I was joking, but, alas.  I
> think I can do what they want using the submit filter.

If you're running Moab there's a much easier fix!

Set MAXIJOB to 1 (or 5, or whatever you wish) and then
add to your moab.cfg:

DISPLAYFLAGS    HIDEBLOCKED

to block the display of other users blocked jobs.

This got added at our request (we'd already patched Moab
to do something similar) and is really handy when you've
got people who submit 1,000 plus jobs in a batch (as we do).

cheers!
Chris