[torqueusers] how to forbid the user do not use torque submit job

Joshua Bernstein jbernstein at penguincomputing.com
Thu Jul 10 12:38:20 MDT 2008

zhyang at lzu.edu.cn wrote:
> Hi  Joshua Bernstein
>
>  Thanks for you comment. sorry I have not made myself clear. It means that some user running mpirun  program straight  in head nodes,and not use Torque assign nodes. so , I want to forbid the user to submit job in this way. our cluster use NFS,all application program install NFS.so, I can not remove it.I want know if have configure in Torque or maui can achieve this result.

Well just to be clear. If the application are installed on another NFS
server, just don't mount the NFS mount to the headnode, rather only
export the applications to the compute nodes and mount them there. If
you are exporting the applications from the headnode you have a bit more
of a problem.

-Josh