[torqueusers] Submitting to multiple clusters

Jeremy Mann jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Thu Jul 10 08:43:42 MDT 2008

I have an interesting situation where I need some advice. We currently
have three clusters with Torque/Maui submission queues that work great. We
are currently working with a researcher who wants to submit something like
1 million jobs. I have set him up on all 3 clusters and right now, he's
been manually ssh'ing to each frontend and submitting his execute scripts.

What I'd like to see is a way for him to globally submit to all three
clusters at once, something like a global submission system. The way I set
up his queue was with the advice of this list to create a routing queue
that fills up the execution queue by 1000 jobs at a time. This has been
working wonderfully well.

Is it possible to create a routing queue on our main frontend node that
routes to the other 2 clusters spool queues?

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu

Bioinformatics Core Facility