[torqueusers] Job array throttling

Bogdan Costescu Bogdan.Costescu at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Jul 10 08:24:32 MDT 2008

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008, Glen Beane wrote:

> I can easilly add a max_array_size qmgr parameter that would cause
> pbs_server to reject a submission for a job array larger than that.

It's not clear from your message: could that parameter be a queue
property rather than a server property ? IMHO, a queue property would
offer more flexibility. Or are there use-cases that I don't imagine
now that could be better served by a server property ?

--
Bogdan Costescu

IWR, University of Heidelberg, INF 368, D-69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Phone: +49 6221 54 8869/8240, Fax: +49 6221 54 8868/8850
E-mail: bogdan.costescu at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de