[Mauiusers] Re: Re: [torqueusers] how to forbid the user do not use torque submit job

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Wed Jul 9 20:59:39 MDT 2008

----- "Garrick Staples" <garrick at usc.edu> wrote:

> There is nothing that Torque can do about process that
> are run outside of it. It can only manage policies for
> things that it controls.

True, but they could use your PAM authuser module from
the contrib directory on the compute nodes to only allow
access when the user has a job running.

The head node itself is more problematic, we monitor
it ourselves and kill processes that have been running
for more than a small amount of time.

I guess you could set up a default cputime ulimit for
users who login..

cheers,
Chris