[torqueusers] help to a new user

Nate Woody Nate.A.Woody at runbox.com
Wed Jul 2 08:44:33 MDT 2008

Claudio,

Fun couple of days!  I just did some checking on my test system (Torque 2.3.0 + Moab)

and I don't seem to be having the same (first) problem, did you verify that you're configuration change to the max cpu's made it in?  I provided a qmgr command to set that on an execution queue named batch, if you do a qmgr -c 'p s' afterwords, can you verify what you see?

#  qmgr -c 's q batch resources_max.ncpus=1'

$ echo 'hostname' | qsub -l nodes=2
qsub: Job exceeds queue resource limits MSG=cannot locate feasible nodes

echo 'hostname' | qsub -l nodes=node1+node2
qsub: Job exceeds queue resource limits MSG=cannot locate feasible nodes

Regarding the Maui/Torque integration, this is "generally" quite easy.  If you drop the logs from where the PBS server is trying to contact the scheduler, we might be able to diagnose the problem.  Generally, they're things like 1) running pbs_sched as well as maui 2) not changing the Maui.cfg file correctly, etc.

Best,
Nate