[torqueusers] qsub: Job rejected by all possible destinations -

Rushton Martin JMRUSHTON at qinetiq.com
Tue Jan 29 11:47:04 MST 2008

I think the problem is not that qsub uses rsh rather
than ssh, but that the authentication uses ruserok(3).

Extract from src/lib/Libsite/site_check_u.c :

/*
 * site_check_u - site_check_user_map()
 *
 *      This routine determines if a user is privileged to execute a job
 *      on this host under the login name specified (in user-list
attribute)
 *
 *      As provided, this routine uses ruserok(3N).  If this is a
problem,
 *      It's replacement is "left as an exercise for the reader."
 *
 *      Return -1 for access denied, otherwise 0 for ok.
 */

HTH

Martin Rushton
HPC Facility

QinetiQ
Bldg H4 Rm 6
MoD Fort Halstead
Sevenoaks
Kent, TN14 7BP

Tel:    01959 514777
Email:  jmrushton at QinetiQ.com
Mobile: 07939 219057
Fax:    01959 51 6050
Web:    www.QinetiQ.com

QinetiQ - The Global Defence and Security Experts

* Please consider the environment before printing this email.