[torqueusers] qdel from a separate machine

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Mon Jan 14 22:26:32 MST 2008

On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 12:21:18AM -0500, Jim L Carlisi alleged:
> here is a simple one but i've been scratching my head for a few days now.
> Setup is:
> ServerA is running MOAB
> ServerB is running Torque 2.2.1
>
> I got torque and moab to talk to each other, i can even do a qsub from
> both machines but i can NOT for the life of me get qdel to work on
> serverA.  qdel keeps telling me XX.serverB is an unknown job, even when i
> am looking right at it.  i move over to serverB and qdel works just fine.
> Any ideas??

It is probably a matter of serverB versus serverB.domainname.

Does 'qstat -f' report the full job name to be serverB.domainname?  If so, then
put serverB.domainname into $PBS_SERVER_HOME/server_name.

Why run them on seperate machines anyways?