[torqueusers] pbs_iff errno 15007 again

Wilhelm Eger wilhelm.eger at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 10:22:08 MST 2008

Hi there,

I have a HP UX node as a torque node, which gives me the following for
qstat/pbsnodes etc.:

pbs_iff: Invalid credential MSG=cannot authenticate user
No Permission.
qstat: cannot connect to server xxxx (errno=15007)

This appears periodically. Sometimes all seems to be right (e. g. right
output from qstat). The periods are about 2 to 20 seconds.

I can't set up a job an this node either. pbs_iff is in the path and is
setuid.

pbs_iff -t xxx 15001 gives no error. I guess it depends on the  NIS system.
The node ran before i rebooted it this day. I have two nodes, which are HP
maschines,too, and they're running smoothly. I know, there is something with
NIS and pbs_mom.

Could anyone give me an hint?

Thanks a lot,

Wilhelm