[torqueusers] interactive jobs across networks

Brock Palen brockp at umich.edu
Mon Jan 14 07:47:50 MST 2008

our login nodes are on a different network than some of our nodes.

the login nodes and some compute nodes are on a 141.x.x.x while many
nodes are also on a 10.x.x.x  regular jobs run fine, but interactive
jobs give no error in logs but spit out:

brockp at nyx-login1 ~]$ qsub -I -V -q route -l
nodes=2:ppn=4,walltime=1:00:00
qsub: waiting for job 783460.nyx.engin.umich.edu to start
qsub: job 783460.nyx.engin.umich.edu apparently deleted

But this only happens from the two login nodes, not from the head
node witch is also on a 141.x.x.x network.  I am not sure what I
should be looking for.
But I can submit interactive jobs to nodes on the 141.x.x.x network
from the login nodes.

Brock Palen
Center for Advanced Computing
brockp at umich.edu