[torqueusers] qsub slows down

Chris Vaughan chris at clusterresources.com
Thu Jan 10 08:14:58 MST 2008

Steve,

What are you using for a scheduler?  pbs_sched?  Or Maui/Moab or other?

Steve Angelovich wrote:
> Occasionally we generate a large number of small jobs (~300) and submit
> them in a loop.  We've noticed that qsub seems to take longer than
> expected after a while.
>
> Is anything we can do to more quickly submit these small jobs.
>
> Thanks,
> Steve

> This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any review, use, distribution, or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the intended recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.

Chris Vaughan
EMEA Systems Engineer
Cluster Resources, Ltd.
Direct - UK Office:  +44 (0)1223 437 132
Mobile - +44 (0)7800 973 062
US Headquarters:  +1 801 717 3700
Skype: supercomputer1
www.clusterresources.co.uk
--

Evaluate Our Products, Free 45-Day Evaluation
http://www.clusterresources.com/pages/products/evaluate.php