[torqueusers] Fwd: Condor ClassAds Equivalent

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Thu Feb 28 09:58:12 MST 2008

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 04:16:31PM +0100, Omer Khalid alleged:
> Hi,
>
> I am wondering if PBS/Torque have any similar mechanism to Condor ClassAd
> for explicit job request and desires?
>
> http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.4/4_1Condor_s_ClassAd.html

Nothing as rich as classads.  PBS is designed for a dedicated cluster of
momstly homogenious machines.  Condor is designed for grabbing spare cycles
from wherever it can.

'man pbs_resources', those are all requestable with qsub.  Also, you can
request arbitrary strings defined by the admin.

University of Southern California