[torqueusers] .OU and .ER files not being sent to user

James J Coyle jjc at iastate.edu
Wed Feb 27 09:02:14 MST 2008

  You should at least restart the pbs_mom on the node after changing
the config file, otherwise, I don't think it will re-read the config
file.

  This is similar for any daemon, as the daemon will load configuration
tables into memory when it starts and not re-read config files from
disk before every action it takes.

  Possibly a kill -HUP on the pbs_mom pid would work force a re-read
of the dconfig files, but that depends on the programming of pbs_mom.
Safest it to restart a daemon when config files are changed.  IN the case
of the pbs_mom, this should be OK as long as nothing is running on the ndoe.

 - Jim Coyle