[torqueusers] .OU and .ER files not being sent to user

Adil Mughal adil.m.mughal at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 08:11:00 MST 2008

Dear Garrick (and any other Torque users)

I did as you suggested and my mom_priv/config file is now:

$pbsserver dphpc1011.dph.aber.ac.uk
$usecp *:/data01 /data01
$logevent       255

but this still does not solve the problem.

The strange thing is that I have managed to get this facility to work
in the past, I used the following line

$usecp dphpc1011.dph.aber.ac.uk:/users/guest1 /users/guest1

but then due to a technical problem (not my fault) I was forced to
reboot one of the slaves and after that neither the line you suggest
or the one I was using has worked.

Can I interrogate the successfully copied files in some way to find
out what the system settings were which allowed them to be copied?

Is there any way to gain more diagnostic information from the system
as to why the files are not being copied?

Is there something I need to do after making changes to my
mom_priv/config file - eg reboot the slave? I have tried restarting
pbserver on the master each time after altering the mom_priv/config
file but this does not help.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if there is any more detail I can give you.

Many thanks for your patience!!

Adil