[torqueusers] Job remains in state R

Adil Mughal adil.m.mughal at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 06:17:00 MST 2008

Dear Experts

I recently had to reboot my master computer.

After rebooting I went through the usual steps to set up - i.e.

>qterm
> pbs_server
>pbs_sched

The problem is that now when I submit a basic job like:

 echo "sleep 5" | qsub

or

 echo "touch testfile" | qsub

the job remains in the run state, that is typing qstat gives something
like this:

Job id              Name             User            Time Use S Queue
165.dphpc1011       STDIN            guest1                 0 R batch
166.dphpc1011       STDIN            guest1          00:00:00 R batch
167.dphpc1011       STDIN            guest1                 0 R batch
168.dphpc1011       STDIN            guest1          00:00:00 R batch

Wheras prevously the jobs were running and then dequeuing

Any ideas what I might have missed

adil