[torqueusers] Torque with OpenMPI

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Sat Feb 23 20:56:52 MST 2008

----- "Jozef Káčer" <quickparser at gmail.com> wrote:

> However I have one more question for you. I have 11 working nodes,
> which have 2 processors (actually 2 logical cores on P4 with HT).
> So I have 22 processors, even torque recognize them as well.
> When I want to submit job to more than 11 nodes, it won't allow me to
> do so.

This would be the error that there aren't that many
nodes when you submit a job asking for >11.

This is the old problem of Torque treating the nodes
value as different things at different points.

You can set an attribute to increase the number that
Torque will complain about, but that then means that
users can queue jobs that ask for nodes=22:ppn=2 and
they won't get rejected, they'll just never run. :-(

We need a cpus=n option..