[torqueusers] What is the difference between PBS and Torque?

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Fri Feb 22 18:41:06 MST 2008

On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 05:41:55PM +0100, Francesco Minafra alleged:

> On Tue, 2008-02-19 at 10:48 -0500, Glen Beane wrote:
> >
> > TORQUE is a fork of OpenPBS.  It started as OpenPBS along with many of
> > the popular community patches that were available for OpenPBS at the
> > time.
> >
> > Since then a lot of work has been put into TORQUE to make it more
> > stable and scalable.
>
> What about the precise terms of the license? Is there any possibility to
> switch to GNU/GPL?

The license is at the top of every source code file and repeated in PBS_License.txt.

We can't change the license because we don't have the copyright.  I don't think
we need to change it anyways; the fact that the TORQUE project exists implies
the license is good enough.

University of Southern California