[torqueusers] Torque Mac OS leopard (10.5.2)

Glen Beane glen.beane at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 08:54:22 MST 2008

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 10:40 AM, barman <barman at lowell.edu> wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> An update to the problem described below.  If I do not use
> qdel -p to remove the stuck job, then pbs_server stays alive
> and the job exits (ungracefully) after the 900 seconds (see
> mom "time out" error below).
>
> So, other than having the resources clogged up for 900 seconds i
> (which is a pain, the queuing system appears to ~ work.
>
> Also, "host 168453161" (aka 10.10.100.41) in the error message below
> is the node that runs the server and, in this case, is also the execution
> node.
>
> hope somebody out there has had some leopard experience!
>
> thanks again,
> travis
>

> On Feb 21, 2008, at 7:42 PM, Travis Barman wrote:
>

> Greetings:
>
> I have recently obtained 4 new (8-core) xserves running leopard server.
>
> I had previously installed torque on my tiger-based (non-server OS) intel
> Macs
> without too much trouble.  I'm trying the same installation procedure that
> I had used
> before with Tiger (10.4) along with the latest torque build (v2.2.1) and
> am
> encountering the following problems:
>
> jobs are queued and run just fine.  However the do not exit the queue but
> simply remain with status 'E'.   I am forced to remove the job manually by
> executing 'qdel -p'    .... this problem happens for ALL jobs including
> the
> simple echo 'sleep 10' test.
>
> In addition (and far more severe) the pbs_server simply dies after about
> a few minutes after deleting a job.
>
> Mom log has this rather bad sounding error message in it:
>
> pbs_mom;Svr;pbs_mom;wait_request, connection 9 to host 168453161 has timed
> out out after 900 seconds - closing stale connection
>
> Anybody out there able to get torque running on leopard server ????
>
> thanks in advance,
> Travis

Hi Travis,

I'm the TORQUE developer that handles a lot of the OS X specific stuff
I have an Developers seed of OS X 10.5 from WWDC this summer installed onto
a firewire drive,  I'll see if I can find out
 anything from running it on that.  Thats the only Leopard install I have
available to me for testing right now.

I do know we have a user running torque on a mixed 10.4 and 10.5 environment