[torqueusers] Torque Mac OS leopard (10.5.2)

Travis Barman barman at lowell.edu
Thu Feb 21 19:42:53 MST 2008

Greetings:

I have recently obtained 4 new (8-core) xserves running leopard server.

I had previously installed torque on my tiger-based (non-server OS)
intel Macs
without too much trouble.  I'm trying the same installation procedure
that I had used
before with Tiger (10.4) along with the latest torque build (v2.2.1)
and am
encountering the following problems:

jobs are queued and run just fine.  However the do not exit the queue
but
simply remain with status 'E'.   I am forced to remove the job
manually by
executing 'qdel -p'    .... this problem happens for ALL jobs
including the
simple echo 'sleep 10' test.

In addition (and far more severe) the pbs_server simply dies after about
a few minutes after deleting a job.

Mom log has this rather bad sounding error message in it:

pbs_mom;Svr;pbs_mom;wait_request, connection 9 to host 168453161 has
timed out out after 900 seconds - closing stale connection

Anybody out there able to get torque running on leopard server ????

thanks in advance,
Travis