[torqueusers] Torque with OpenMPI

Jozef Káčer quickparser at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 07:24:22 MST 2008

Hello,

I managed to get Torque to work (with Maui scheduler). However, I'm
experiencing some problems when trying to get Torque work with openmpi.
On my server (torque server, maui) I installed openmpi with --with-tm
option. Everything went smooth.
My question is if I need to compile openmpi on my nodes with this option. I
tried it, but got errors saying that no tm was found (or so). Of course,
the installations on server and nodes differ, as I only installed mom on
nodes.
When I then try to run an mpi job, it runs only locally. When I do this:

mpirun -np 2 -hostlist my_list my_app

I get an error, that on machines there is no my_app there. It looks like it
is not copied over to other machines. O don't have NFS, but I use
password-less ssh.

I hope you can understand what I mean from this trash mail.
Thank you for any help.

Jozef