[torqueusers] (no subject)

Miles O'Neal meo at intrinsity.com
Sat Feb 16 10:44:38 MST 2008

Luca Telloli said...

|=0A=0AHello everyone,=0A    I've been able to install a small cluster runni=
|ng Torque and maui which=0Aso far works well. The architecture is the usual=
|: one server=0A(pbs_server), multiple clients (pbs_mom), and users connect =
|to any of=0Athe clients to submit a job.=0A=0ANow, I'd like to be able to a=
|llow users to submit jobs from their own=0Alaptops, but so far all tests I =
|tried failed. I want to be able to allow=0Aa machine instead of  <user, mac=
|hine> because each user own its own=0Alaptop and is responsible for it.=0A=
|=0AI tried adding the laptop client hostname to the /etc/hosts.equiv on the=
|=0Apbs_server node and/or to set acl_hosts values on it but neither=0Asolut=
|ion did work? Any suggestion?=0A=0AThanks for any help you could provide.=

You set this in the server config via qmgr.
Each system that submits needs a name that
won't change, or needs to come from a pool
of DHCP names that will always have access.

qmgr -c 'set server submit_hosts = sys_name_1'
qmgr -c 'set server submit_hosts += sys_name_2'
qmgr -c 'set server submit_hosts += sys_name_3'
qmgr -c 'set server allow_node_submit = True'

-Miles

(Thanks to Tom Rudwick)