Workaround Re: [torqueusers] Non-cummulative pbsnodes -o command

John Wang jwang at dataseekonline.com
Thu Feb 14 16:23:06 MST 2008

Hello James

Scripting wrappers is probably a suitable solution for the current cluster
size but I suspect that it wouldn't take long to exceed the line limitations
of a given command.   The clusters at this site are only 128 nodes but at my
previous job, we had clusters of about 6,000 nodes, quite a change to go
from a large production cluster to a small development cluster.   My
previous employer embedded the scheduling functionality into their own
application but my current employer wants a more generic HPC environment.

Where did you get your Torque 2.1.2 installation?   Binary rpm's? Source?
Cluster Resources? Or elsewheres?   I had compiled from source downloaded
from Cluster Resources using the defaults from the ./configure script.

Regards,
John