[torqueusers] Fw: [workspace-announce] Workspace Release 1.3.1

Tim Freeman tfreeman at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Feb 14 14:46:41 MST 2008

I thought people on these lists might be interested in this recent work (both
Xen and Torque are supported).

Thanks,
Tim

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 15:04:14 -0600
From: Kate Keahey <keahey at mcs.anl.gov>
To: workspace-user at globus.org, workspace-dev at globus.org,
workspace-announce at globus.org, announce at globus.org Subject:
[workspace-announce] Workspace Release 1.3.1

On behalf of the workspace team, I am happy to announce the TP 1.3.1
release of the Workspace Service. You can download the new release from:
http://workspace.globus.org/downloads/index.html

The main new feature in this release is the implementation of the
workspace pilot which provides non-invasive adaptations to batch
schedulers (such as PBS) enabling sites to run virtual machines
alongside jobs. The details of this approach are described in:
http://workspace.globus.org/papers/workspace-pilot-paper-submitted.pdf

In addition, the release also contains the ensemble service that allows
clients to create ensembles of heterogeneous virtual machines to be
deployed and managed together, improvements to the client, and several
bug fixes. The complete changelog can be found at:
http://workspace.globus.org/vm/TP1.3.1/index.html#changelog

We welcome comments, feedback, and bug reports. Information about the
project, software downloads, documentation and instructions on how to
join the workspace-user mailing list for support questions can be found
at: http://workspace.globus.org

Happy Valentine's Day!

The Workspace Team
--

Kate Keahey,
Mathematics & CS Division, Argonne National Laboratory