[torqueusers] Non-cummulative pbsnodes -o command

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Thu Feb 14 12:47:57 MST 2008

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 12:02:17PM -0600, John Wang alleged:
> Hello
>
> I have two clusters, one is running torque 2.0.0p7 and the other torque
> 2.2.1.   Both versions behave with the "pbsnodes -o" effect being
> non-cummulative thereby requiring all nodes known to be down to be specified
> on the command line.   The 2.0.0p7 man page on pbsnodes actually state that
> this would be the behaviour.   The man page reads as follows:
>
> > ³It is important that all the nodes known to be down are given as arguments on
> > the command line.   This is because nodes which are not listed are assumed to
> > be UP and will be indicated as such if they were previously marked DOWN.²

That is for -r, not -o.  -o doesn't marks nodes offline, not down.

I gaurantee you that -o does not work that way in your 2.2.1 install.

I'm not going to comment on your ancient 2.0 install.

> The 2.0.0p7 installation is a legacy install that predates the current
> support staff so the history of that installation is unknown but the 2.2.1
> installation was compiled from source files obtained from Cluster Resources
> with default options.

Well, upgrade from the ancient version to a current version?