Workaround Re: [torqueusers] Non-cummulative pbsnodes -o command

James J Coyle jjc at iastate.edu
Thu Feb 14 11:32:48 MST 2008

John,

   I don't get this behavior (version 2.1.2), but it world be quite annoying
if I did.

   If you'd like a fairly easy workaround, put the following script
in a file ahead of /usr/local/bin in your PATH and name it pbsnodes,
E.g. call it /local/bin/pbsnodes
the issue chmod u+x /local/bin/pbsnodes
and then (if your in the csh or tcsh)
setenv PATH /local/bin:${PATH}
rehash

Now pbsnodes -o
should work as you want it to, as pbsnodes with no -o
passes unchanged to /usr/local/bin/pbsnodes

An easy mod makes this work with -d
once that becomes available.

#!/bin/ksh

PBSDIR=/usr/local/bin

OFLAG_PRESENT=`echo $* | grep '\-o'`
if [ -n "${OFLAG_PRESENT}" ] ; then
  ALREADY_OFFLINE="`${PBSDIR}/pbsnodes -l | awk '/offline/ {print $1}'`"
  ${PBSDIR}/pbsnodes $* ${ALREADY_OFFLINE}
else
  ${PBSDIR}/pbsnodes $*
fi

--
 James Coyle, PhD
 SGI Origin, Alpha, Xeon and Opteron Cluster Manager