[torqueusers] Non-cummulative pbsnodes -o command

Miles O'Neal meo at intrinsity.com
Wed Feb 13 16:57:28 MST 2008

John Wang said...

|When using the command =B3pbsnode =ADo =ADN =8Cmessage=B9 node1 node2 ...=B2 to drain
|nodes, we have to list all the nodes that we want to stay drained in that
|single command ie.: even if a node was previously drained for another
|reason, issuing a =B3pbsnode =ADo=B2 command without specifying the previously
|drained nodes results in those nodes being marked online instead of offline=
|.

Not here.  We went through various versions
of PBS, and now torque (2.1.8) with no such
behavior.

   pbsnodes -o sys1 sys2 [...] # works
   pbsnodes -o sys1 sys2 [...] # works

My beef (and it's a small one, but it's there)
is that while the above work,

   pbsnodes sys1 sys2

will only report status on the first node listed.

-Miles