[torqueusers] Nodes dual and quad core

Albino Aveleda bino at coc.ufrj.br
Mon Feb 11 04:04:31 MST 2008

Hi,

I have a cluster with dual and quad core processors.  Some nodes have
two dual cores per processors and others have two quad cores per
processors. How could I submit a job selecting number the cores?

For example, the user want run the mpi program with 16 cores, if I use
“#PBS -l nodes=2:ppn=8” only the quad cores will be use, but in this
example I have 4 nodes with two dual cores free that they could run
this job.
How do I write the job for chose cores and not processors?

Best regards,
Bibo