[torqueusers] Basic Torque configuration reports cluster is down

Adil Mughal adil.m.mughal at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 05:13:29 MST 2008

Dear Experts

I have another question about setting up Torque - which follows below
- as always my deep thanks to anyone who can take the time to help me
with this.

I have managed to install Torque on server computer and on two other
computers by following the quick start instructions given at:

http://www.clusterresources.com/wiki/doku.php?id=torque:appendix:l_torque_quickstart_guide

I then perform the steps to verify correct installation. Upon typing

>pbsnodes -a

I get:

dphpc1001.dph.aber.ac.uk
     state = down
     np = 2
     ntype = cluster

dphpc1002.dph.aber.ac.uk
     state = down
     np = 2
     ntype = cluster

dphpc1003.dph.aber.ac.uk
     state = down
     np = 2
     ntype = cluster

dphpc1004.dph.aber.ac.uk
     state = down
     np = 2
     ntype = cluster

and so on

NOTE: I have only set up Torque on dphpc1001 and dphpc1002 at the moment.

For these two (i.e. 1001 and 1002) I should expect to see state = free
but I don't - can any one tell me what I might have done wrong? Also
submitting jobs to the queue

>echo "sleep 30" | qsub

simply results in the jobs pilling up in the queue

adil