[torqueusers] pbs_server and qmgr

Adil Mughal adil.m.mughal at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 08:12:46 MST 2008

Dear Experts

I am relatively inexperienced Linux user and am finding configuring
Torque a little bit confusing.

I have used an rpm to install Torque on the server (using   rpm -i
torque-2.1.8-1.fc7.i386-1.rpm)

The instructions
(http://www.clusterresources.com/products/torque/docs20/1.2basicconfig.shtml)
now ask me to configure the pbs_server daemon by executing the command

>torque.setup <USER>

(where for USER I have substituted root)

In my case torque.setup is located in

/usr/share/doc/torque-2.1.8

I get the following result:

initializing TORQUE (admin: root at dphpc1011)
./torque.setup: line 18: pbs_server: command not found
./torque.setup: line 20: qmgr: command not found
./torque.setup: line 22: qmgr: command not found
./torque.setup: line 23: qmgr: command not found
./torque.setup: line 25: qmgr: command not found
./torque.setup: line 26: qmgr: command not found
./torque.setup: line 27: qmgr: command not found
./torque.setup: line 28: qmgr: command not found
./torque.setup: line 29: qmgr: command not found
./torque.setup: line 30: qmgr: command not found
./torque.setup: line 32: qmgr: command not found

I have tried to locate the commands pbs_server and qmgr on my hard
disk using find but am unable to locate them. Am I supposed to
download these commands separately? If so where can I find a copy? Or
have I just got a bad rpm?

Please Help.

adil