[torqueusers] the possibilities to run torque as unprivileged user

Ali Bakhoda ali_bakhoda at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 5 13:12:46 MST 2008

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to install torque as a unprivileged user without root access. I know it is weird! I have access to a cluster and I want to install and use pbs but the cluster admin doesn't want to get involved! I managed to install pbs in my own user account but cannot start pbs_server. Is there a way around this? Is there a way to have a single user pbs without root access?
(I also have access to cluster nodes)
Thanks a lot,

-Ali

http://www.flickr.com/gift/