[torqueusers] torque 2.3.5 installation -bugs/fixes

John Kitchin jkitchin at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Dec 29 13:33:56 MST 2008

> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 10:43:08 +1100 (EST)
> From: Chris Samuel <csamuel at vpac.org>
> Subject: Re: [torqueusers] torque 2.3.5 installation -bugs/fixes
> To: torqueusers at supercluster.org
>

> ----- "John Kitchin" <jkitchin at andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone,
>
> Hi John,
>
> > 1. chmod 644 tclIndex - operation not allowed
> > I had to comment out this line in src/tools/xpbsmon/Makefile: #chmod
> > 644 tclIndex
> > for some reason make install even as root did not work otherwise. this
> > may have been due to strange permissions in the folder i installed it.
>
> Very odd, I concur with your idea.. what are the permissions ?

In the source directory the permissions are:
drwxr-xr-x   7 jtest matsim    4096 Dec 22 10:01 .

in the directory wehre tclIndex is the permissions are:
drwxr-xr-x  4 jtest matsim  4096 Dec 22 09:57 ./
but as root I cannot change permissions.

[root at beowulf xpbsmon]# pwd
/home/jtest/src/torque-2.3.5/src/tools/xpbsmon
[root at beowulf xpbsmon]# chmod 644 tclIndex
chmod: changing permissions of `tclIndex': Operation not permitted
[root at beowulf xpbsmon]#

Is that because root is not a member of the group matsim?