[torqueusers] torque 2.3.5 installation -bugs/fixes

John Kitchin jkitchin at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Dec 23 13:50:04 MST 2008

Hi everyone,

I recently installed torque 2.3.5 on our cluster. there were two bugs I came
across:

1. chmod 644 tclIndex - operation not allowed
I had to comment out this line in src/tools/xpbsmon/Makefile:     #chmod 644
tclIndex
for some reason make install even as root did not work otherwise. this may
have been due to strange permissions in the folder i installed it.

2. pbs_sched crashed until I commented out all the lines in
sched_priv/resource_group

after these fixes, no problems!  everything works fine.

John Kitchin
Assistant Professor
NETL-IAES Resident Institute Fellow
Doherty Hall A207F