[torqueusers] qsub vs lsf bsub

Troy Baer tbaer at utk.edu
Thu Dec 18 22:01:07 MST 2008

On Fri, 2008-12-19 at 13:49 +1100, Chris Samuel wrote:
> ----- "Garrick Staples" <garrick at usc.edu> wrote:
> > Maybe stuff the script name into an envvar and trick the shell to
> > execute it?
>
> Yeah, that's what came to mind for me when I saw this.

The qexec tool in the last couple releases of pbstools does something
sort of like this to emulate the behavior of SGE's qrsh.  It creates a
shell script in the user's homedir containing the desired command, and
it then specifies that script as the shell of a job it submits behind
the scenes.

	--Troy
--
Troy Baer, HPC System Administrator
National Institute for Computational Sciences, University of Tennessee