[torqueusers] qsub vs lsf bsub

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Thu Dec 18 12:24:00 MST 2008

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 02:49:46PM -0800, Brian Andrus alleged:

> I am trying to implement Torque for a group of software developers to
> compile their code.
> In the past they have used LSF and are VERY insistent that they need to
> be able to submit a job interactively and have it start running.
> In LSF, 'bsub -I <scriptname>' will do this.
> With Torque, it seems that any script name passed to qsub -I is
> completely ignored.
>
> Is there a way to have a script start automatically when submitted as an
> interactive job?

Currently, no.  And I can't come up with a way to do it.

I don't see how we could launch an interactive shell with a child process.

Interactive shells don't run commands.  Shells are either interactive or not.
They are not both.

Maybe stuff the script name into an envvar and trick the shell to execute it?

University of Southern California

See the Dishonor Roll at http://www.californiansagainsthate.com/