[torqueusers] gzip error while installing torque on solaris node

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Thu Dec 18 12:17:30 MST 2008

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 07:44:29AM -0800, Garrick Staples alleged:
> On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 05:11:52PM +0530, Hemapriya MEENAKSHISUNDARAM alleged:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I tried installing torque after upgrading gzip to 1.3.12. Then also, I'm
> > getting the same error.
> > Installing TORQUE archive...
> >
> > gzip: stdin has flags 0x55 -- not supported
> > gzip: stdin has flags 0x55 -- not supported
> > Done.
> >
> > The problem is with the torque packages & not with gzip.
> >
> > Please let me know whether torque is compatible with Solaris 8 or not.
>
> Tpackages work fine on every other OS, including Solaris 8.  I was using
> Solaris 8 when I developed tpackages.
>
> At this point, just don't use tpackages.  Just do 'make install' like any other
> piece of software.

I have another option: remove gzip from the picture.

Edit Makefile and remove '| gzip' from the package target.  Edit
buildutils/self-extract-head-sh and remove 'gzip -dc' (4 times) and 'make
packages' again that aren't compressed.

University of Southern California

See the Dishonor Roll at http://www.californiansagainsthate.com/