[torqueusers] gzip error while installing torque on solaris node

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Wed Dec 17 12:47:51 MST 2008

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 06:18:08PM +0530, Hemapriya MEENAKSHISUNDARAM alleged:
> Hi,
>
> I'm getting the following error while installing torque in the Solaris node.
>
> csbulab073 [hmeenaks] 277: sh torque-package-mom-solaris7-sparc.sh --install
>
> Installing TORQUE archive...
>
> gzip: stdin is encrypted -- get newer version of gzip
> gzip: stdin is encrypted -- get newer version of gzip
> Done.

That's a new one!

Since the gzip'd tarball is obviously not encrypted, something must be wrong
with the file to cause gzip to be mistaken.

Please describe the life of the file between the time it was created up to now.
Was it copied around?  FTP?  Downloaded with a web browser?

Using the original tpackage files, in the build directory, does --listfiles
work?

University of Southern California

See the Dishonor Roll at http://www.californiansagainsthate.com/