[torqueusers] X Forwarding of Jobs

Glen Beane glen.beane at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 05:52:12 MST 2008

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 3:35 AM, Chris Vaughan
<chris at clusterresources.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question about how you could set the following up.
>
> We have a cluster with submission/login nodes users login to those nodes and submit jobs to the cluster.  They are usually doing this from home or at a terminal that is not a login node.  What some of the users would like is to foward back the x display of an interactive job.  Is there a way to forward this outside of the cluster and back to the users computer at home with Torque?

I do this all the time.   You need an X Server running on your local
machine,  then you tunnel X through ssh (ssh -X from the command line,
 there is an option somewhere in putty to do the same I think).  Then
when I submit a  job with X forwarding it gets displayed on my local
computer.