[torqueusers] torque daemons can not be stopeed during uninstall

Gabe Turner gabe at msi.umn.edu
Tue Dec 9 14:39:19 MST 2008

On Tue, Dec 09, 2008 at 01:18:50PM -0800, Garrick Staples wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 09, 2008 at 01:05:00PM -0800, Garrick Staples alleged:
> > On Tue, Dec 09, 2008 at 03:43:35PM -0500, Steve Young alleged:
> > > Hi,
> > > 	I would have to agree that if I were (dumb enough) to run the rpm
> > > command to remove the package on a production system that it would
> > > work like most all other rpm's.... run the init script to stop the
> > > daemon and remove it. This is why I wouldn't use an rpm for torque....
> > > I would rather compile/configure it myself.
> >
> > You don't use the rpm because of behaviour that it doesn't actually do?
>
> Btw, I am taking your 2 cents has a vote for my side since you dislike that
> behaviour so much that you have sworn off rpms all together!

I'll cast a vote in the Please-do-not-have-the-rpm-stop-the-daemon camp.
In fact, I found the stock spec file to be too invasive, so I modified it
so that it didn't even chkconfig pbs_server or pbs_mom on to begin with.  I
usually don't want torque to start on boot as nodes aren't always in a sane
state.

Gabe
Gabe Turner                                             gabe at msi.umn.edu
UNIX System Administrator,