[torqueusers] torque daemons can not be stopeed during uninstall

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Tue Dec 9 14:18:50 MST 2008

On Tue, Dec 09, 2008 at 01:05:00PM -0800, Garrick Staples alleged:
> On Tue, Dec 09, 2008 at 03:43:35PM -0500, Steve Young alleged:
> > Hi,
> > 	I would have to agree that if I were (dumb enough) to run the rpm
> > command to remove the package on a production system that it would
> > work like most all other rpm's.... run the init script to stop the
> > daemon and remove it. This is why I wouldn't use an rpm for torque....
> > I would rather compile/configure it myself.
>
> You don't use the rpm because of behaviour that it doesn't actually do?

Btw, I am taking your 2 cents has a vote for my side since you dislike that
behaviour so much that you have sworn off rpms all together!

University of Southern California

See the Dishonor Roll at http://www.californiansagainsthate.com/