[torqueusers] torque daemons can not be stopeed during uninstall

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Tue Dec 9 14:06:24 MST 2008

On Tue, Dec 09, 2008 at 03:43:35PM -0500, Steve Young alleged:
> Hi,
> 	I would have to agree that if I were (dumb enough) to run the rpm
> command to remove the package on a production system that it would
> work like most all other rpm's.... run the init script to stop the
> daemon and remove it. This is why I wouldn't use an rpm for torque....
> I would rather compile/configure it myself.

Btw, we are talking about the rpms that you build yourself.  Untar, cd,
configure how you like, and 'make rpm'.  It builds rpms with the exact same
binaries that you compile/configure yourself.

University of Southern California

See the Dishonor Roll at http://www.californiansagainsthate.com/