[torqueusers] How can I check muai is actuallly talk with torque

Sarah Mulholland smm at rincon.com
Tue Dec 9 13:49:55 MST 2008

I had similar problems when I first ran maui.  It turned out that I was missing some definitions in my maui.cfg file.  I am using a QOS scheduling policy.  The key for me was to make sure that I had granted all users, classes, and groups permissions to the quality of services.  The diagnostic that helped me figure it out was checkjob.

If you're using some other kind of scheduling policy, there may be an analogous problem.  Try checkjob on the job number.

# from my maui.cfg
# define some quality of services
QOSCFG[low] PRIORITY=10 QWEIGHT=1
QOSCFG[med] PRIORITY=130 QWEIGHT=1
# give all users, queues, and groups access to all QOS
USRCFG[DEFAULT]   QDEF=low QLIST=low,med
CLASSCFG[DEFAULT] QDEF=low QLIST=low,med
GROUPCFG[DEFAULT] QDEF=low QLIST=low,med

I hope this helps.